Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Центральный парк культуры и отдыха (ЦПКиО) имени Горького

or put more simply, Park Kultury more commonly known as Gorky Park.



This 300-acre, open air park was created in 1928 and has seen many changes over the past near century.  The latest iteration is a modern, open-air space that boasts endless activities for young and old alike during Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.  Whether it be arts, entertainment, sports, health and fitness or simply a place of refuge from the urban sprawl, Gorky Park is a space designed to please.

It was a beautiful late Spring day when I visited and I am sure to return time and again.  After all, there is so much to see, do and photograph!  One of the major items on my bucket list is a skate in Gorky Park.  I am going to cross that one off in 2012 for sure.

Entry Gates

welcoming committee

If you look really closely, you can just make out what these guys were doing.  I think that every park should have a bubble machine!  Bubbles sure beat the heck out of pookh.
Looking back towards the entrance gate
 Carrousel


Soviet Space Shuttle
 
Some of the fun
along the boardwalk

The park is a great place to bring children.  There were many young ones there but not too many youths.  I wonder where they hang out?

Chalk drawing and grass "lily pads".              Simon?

learning to touch

Look what she can do!

 Learning to rollerblade.

It was windy but they were having fun.

hmmm...hold on to my balloons or splash in the fountain?  Choices, choices!

Children's Show -I don't envy the people in the costumes (it must have been crazy hot!).

Bouncy castles and slides

Learning how to "scoot".  This little one couldn't have been more than about 14 months old.
Looks like FUN!!!



Gorky Park isn't just for kids, though.  There are many activities for adults too!

Men's V-Ball

Women's V-Ball
The requisite portrait artist
Dart boards by the river
Why not?  The fun isn't all about the kids...
Why are these boys walking around without their shirts?  Check out the videos below...




Finally...here are everyday people enjoying a Saturday in Gorky Park.

I bet he is...

Going for a stroll

"Yes, mom.  I'll stop by on Sunday."

She reminded me of a yard waste bag.
Men on a mission

Family outing...сын, мать, отец и бабушка

See?  A lovely photo of you!

Pretty girls are everywhere.  This one's for you, EF.
The following choice of "park attire" is presented for your viewing pleasure.







AWESOME!
Along with the interesting fashion choices came some very outstanding women.  This one in particular stood out for a number of reasons that I'll let you figure out.



On that happy note, it was time to head home.  My companions and I were ready to sit somewhere and relax after the day's excitement.  Thanks for a great day, Gorky Park.  I'll be back.






No comments:

Post a Comment