Saturday, May 12, 2012

Who can resist Soviet ice cream, I ask you?


We have a tradition in our household called “anything-can-happen-Sundae”.  You may recall an incident involving balsamic glaze and frozen yogurt a few months back (if not, suffice it to say that it involved a very surprised look, some gagging and peals of laughter).  I can assure you that there have been drastic measures taken since then to ensure that there is no danger of a repeat performance of that little fiasco.  I digress...back to today’s tale. 

While browsing through the grocery store making healthy choices, I came across this little number and couldn’t help myself.  Don't judge.  -Between you and me, I'm pretty sure they didn't have any of this for sale during the Soviet era.  Just sayin'.

Ice cream is a guilty pleasure now that the warm weather is here to stay (28〫C today *phew).

СССР = Russian abbreviation for USSR in case you aren’t up on your Soviet history.
It turned out to be creamy, chocolatey and delicious.  A repeat offence, I fear.  At any rate, I dug out the Hershey’s chocolate syrup and sacrificed a few precious chocolate chips (I’m down to two and a half bags) and voilà...anything-can-happen-Sundae on a Saturday night.


No comments:

Post a Comment