Sunday, May 24, 2015

Rollende Keukens AKA Food Truck P*rn


Scooters, bicycles, teeming masses of humans, caravans of all shapes and sizes, music coming at you from everywhere and the wafting smells of a multitude of offerings all mingling together in the air to create a veritable smorgasbord for ALL of the senses - this was the scene at the Westerpark on Sunday night.





Just about any and everything was on offer from sweet treats to strange treats.  You could, for a few Euros, watch a chimney cake made to order right in front of your very eyes.  Equally, it was possible to buy crickets on a stick.  Yes, when I say crickets, I mean crickets - the kind that keep you up at night in the summer with their incessant leg rubbing.  cheep cheep cheep cheep THOSE crickets.  Cricket crickets.  On a stick.  I have one word for that nonsense.

NOPE

There are actually people lined up at this food truck.  What the YUCK?!!

Before you get on my case for not having a sense of humour or for not being adventurous, I draw the line at bugs.  I’ll try many things but bugs are where the buck stops for me. 

NOPE.

Luckily for me, the thought of eating bugs having an adverse effect on my appetite was only temporary as I forgot all about the crispy critters when faced with the next food trucks and their delicious-looking offerings.  Despite all of the decadence on offer, I did manage to eat healthily (or so I am telling myself).  Spicy chicken paired with a quinoa salad with fresh veggies was my final pick of the night.  There may have been some poffertjes and perhaps a banana milkshake in there somewhere but I can neither confirm nor deny any of the above statements.  If I disclosed the truth then I’d have to do away with you and nobody wants that to happen.  So read on in ignorance, my dear readers.  The world is a safer place when nobody knows what shenanigans I really get up to.  Honestly, though, I blame OGIA.  We even have hashtag for that:  #marasfault.

In the meantime, enjoy the food truck p*rn and drool away.










 










 


Sold Out!

The Dutch Weedburger

Watch out for those aubergines.  I hear they are Bad Ass.


 


Poffertjes

FEBO seafood?!








Fun Fact:

Food Trucks, like restaurants, are very tightly monitored for quality control purposes.  At any moment, spot checks and inspections can occur and if your food safety standards don’t measure up, your food truck can be shut down on the spot.  

Best make sure those crickets aren’t causing a ruckus!
Gross

No comments:

Post a Comment