Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Cats of Istanbul (Not Constantinople)



Hidden within all of the colour and hustle and bustle of Istanbul (not Constantinople) there is so much more going on than meets the eye.  It is easy to miss the little details that all come together to form the bigger picture.  One of these little details for me was the plethora of cats skulking about.  Once I noticed them, I saw them everywhere.  They were all going about their own business, seemingly oblivious to the teeming throngs of humans all around them.  Some were basking in sunlight, others were reading signs and planning vacations, shopping seemed to be a popular activity, a few were hunting and still others were holding meetings - I believe they were plotting world domination but I cannot be entirely sure.

What I AM sure of is that the cats of Istanbul (not Constantinople) represent a hidden world of feline activity that we shouldn’t ignore.

Fun Fact! 
The collective noun for cats can be one of the following:
Clowder, Clutter, Pounce, Dout, Nuisance, Glorying, Glare

Personally I like a Glare of Cats.  Yup.  That about sums it up.












No comments:

Post a Comment